Join UMOJA MN and contribute to the flourishing of adopted and foster children in your community.
When you join UMOJA MN as a volunteer, you become a part of our UMOJA MN community. We empower volunteers to be ambassadors and advocates for our goals of, which is to celebrate Black culture, be a safe place for racial identity work, and equip families with the skills necessary to navigate the social construct of race.
Upcoming camp weekends:
- March 1-3, 2019: Breezy Point Resort in Breezy Point, Minnesota (just past Brained).
- June 14-16, 2019 (Fathers Day Weekend): Oak Ridge Hotel & Conference Center in Chaska, Minnesota.
- August 16-18, 2019: Outstate MN Location TBD.
We are currently looking for:
- Camp Counselors play an immensely important role directly with our campers! With a unique opportunity to impact children as role models, counselors are empowered to encourage, support, and explore the beauty of Black culture alongside campers of various ages.
- Event Volunteers who work behind the scenes and with families to co-create an environment conducive for community connection and learning. Volunteers in this role assist in preparing the venue, welcoming and serving UMOJA MN families, and assisting guest speakers and presenters as needed.
- Specialty Volunteers contribute their creative gifts to make each UMOJA MN experience unique. The UMOJA MN leadership team loves to include local professionals to build community in the St. Paul and Minneapolis Metro area. This role may include; photographers, videographers, or guest performers looking to build their resume.
*All volunteers will need a background check with fingerprints prior to volunteering.
We hope you will join us as we celebrate Black culture and empower adoptive, kinship, and foster families, at UMOJA MN.