UMOJA MN and UMOJA, INC will empower transracial families (primarily families with black children and parents of another culture) to raise children that will, have a positive black identity, be able to talk about race in an honest and open way, feel comfortable in all different cultures & handle basic skin and hair care
We will do that by providing a powerful weekend experience for the entire family, which will include age appropriate breakout sessions and large group cultural celebrations.
Your entire family is welcome to join us at Umoja, as we ALL need to explore more fully what it means to be a transracial family raising black children in America today.
- Adoptive parents of all types (single, married, same sex)
- Black or multiracial children born in the US, Africa or one of the diasporas
- Children of all ethnicies (siblings are celebrated)
- Children, Youth & Teens of all ages (birth -18 and into adulthood)
- Families still in the process of adoption
- Families actively providing foster care
- Adoptees of African descent and their children
- And of course, extended families: Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles, etc.
We hope to see you soon!